We rehearse on Tuesday evenings during the periods indicated (corresponding to school term times) from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm at Walter Sickert Community Centre. Music stands are provided. Tea and coffee are available, for a small charge towards orchestral funds, at the mid-rehearsal break.
2018 – 2019 Season schedule
Autumn Term 2018
2 Humperdinck, Tchaikovsky, Rossini
9 Sectionals: strings Walter Sickert Community Centre
16 Dvorak, Humperdinck, Tchaikovsky (Rossini, Fauré)
23 HALF TERM
30 Brahms 4
6 Humperdinck, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Fauré, Rossini
13 Carols and other concert repertoire as needed
4 St Mellitus Church
All concert repertoire
9 St Mellitus Church
3.00 pm All concert repertoire
7.45 pm Concert
All rehearsals in October and November at 7.30 pm in the Walter Sickert Community Centre except for the sectional wind rehearsal on 9 October which will be at a venue to be announced.
Rehearsals on 4 and 9 December in St Mellitus Church.
- First rehearsal – Tuesday 8 January 7.30 pm
- NO REHEARSAL – Half term – Tuesday 19 February
- Venue rehearsal – Tuesday 19 March 7.30 pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
- Dress rehearsal – Sunday 24 March 1.30 pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
- Concert – Sunday 24 March 6pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
- First rehearsal – Tuesday 23 April 7.30 pm
- NO REHEARSAL – Half term – Tuesday 28 May
- Venue rehearsal – Tuesday 25 June 7.30 pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
- Dress rehearsal – Sunday 30 June 1.30pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
- Concert – Sunday 30 June 6pm at St Mary Brookfield Church
Walter Sickert Community Centre, Canonbury Crescent, N1 2FB (Open in Google Maps here). The centre is situated in the centre of a residential area adjacent to the Essex Road, close to both Essex Road Overground Station and supplied by regular bus services from Central London.
Train and tube – It’s a 15 minute walk from Highbury & Islington tube station, or a 4 minute walk from Essex Road rail station. There are frequent trains to Essex Road from Highbury & Islington and Moorgate stations.
Buses – Closest stop on the A104 is Northchurch Road, venue is 1-2 minutes walk. Served by 38, 56, 73, 341 and 476 routes
Parking – There is no parking on the estate in which the hall is located. There is, however, plenty of parking in surrounding streets, unrestricted after 6:30 p.m.
Parking in the area is limited on Arsenal match days. You can check the dates of matches here at the Arsenal F.C. website as on match days, you cannot park in the BLUE ZONE shown in the map below.